Friday, 8 March 2013

PROJECT 1!!

  Hello, I am late for my blog today, but I have been trying to figure out ecosystem.rkt for the project due today. Although, the the ball.rkt gave me numerous confusions and problems, I was successfully able to finish it with the desired output. However, I have been banging my head on the program code for ecosystem from a long time and it does not seem to work. I am not sure what to do with just five hours left in hand. I added the check-expectes, fixed the ones which were initially in the code, and it prompts saying that the nine tests have passed. I also fixed the definitions, but there is no stimulation in the images of the fox and mouse. Being in life sciences, I do understand the concept of the Lotka-voltera/ predator-prey model, but I believe it is the last few statements that is screwing me up. If I am not wrong, the output is supposed to result in different scaling of the images over time as the population of each species increase or decrease. Due to a bio midterm, I could not devote much time towards this project. I wish I had more time in hand. I do wish we get part marks for the remainder of the program, just incase I do not end up fixing this program. I tried to copy-paste the check-expect expression from piazza , just like it was instructed to check the accuracy, though it prompted an error. Well, I am not going to give up. I am going to get back to the program and see what I can do in the remaining of the time left. 

2 comments:

  1. You will get part marks for all the check-expects and function you got working.

    There are two possibilities with the simulation. First, the ecosystem begins in a stable state, with 453 foxes and 1000 mice. If you perturb it --- say 450 foxes --- it will begin to oscillate.

    A key idea in update-ecosystem is that the current number of mice is accessed using the expression (ecosystem-mice eco) and the current number of foxes is accessed using (ecosystem-foxes eco).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I submitted whatever I could do till the due time. I am glad we will get part marks. Thanks for the response.

    ReplyDelete