Friday, 1 February 2013

Overview of this week!!

      Hello. It's finally friday. This week has been so hectic that I have been eagerly waiting for today to arrive, so I can get some sleep and recover from my sleep-deprieved mode. It gets challenging to give sufficient time to this course, as having four other courses such as physical chemistry, calculus, cell and molecular biology and bio models and math takes most of my time and energy. However, as the course is proceeding with new course material every lecture, I realized that if you are focused, few hours in a week is a satisfying amount of time that one could devote towards this class. This week we learned defining functions and 'starting the universe':big-bang, event-handlers and some combinations of recently and previously learned expressions and functions. This week the most interesting was the timer program, and modifying certain commands made the program even more interesting. I am happy I am getting more comfortable with DrRacket's environment and it's syntax.

       I was really nervous for today's quiz, but it wasn't as horrible as I was expecting it to be, hopefully I did well compared to the previous two quizzes. I have just submitted the wikipedia part I on MarkUs. I had trouble submitting it for the previous assignment, but I am hoping I have submitted it accurately this time. It took me more than two hours to find the articles of my interest. Although, I have not exactly found articles that I have thorough knowledge in, but I have some background information about the topic. I have to start planning on how to work on them soon, but before that 'term test 1' is coming up. There are not many days left and having other midterms and labs in the same week or the week after, it is going to be a tough battling with time and the course material. I have to start studying for it soon. Good luck for the upcoming test! 

No comments:

Post a Comment